Starting up your business can be difficult, time consuming and most of all expensive. Earning a part time wage and living a fabulous life ain't easy, but we at Hunter-Rose have mastered the art of living economically. Here are our top tips on living a champagne lifestyle on a beer budget.
- Make coconut oil your bestie: Have you noticed that coconut oil is in EVERYTHING these days? It’s because it can be used for so many things and it’s less that $10 at your local supermarket. Our favourite uses are: Make-up remover, after sun care lotion, hair treatment, shaving cream and team up with honey for a hydrating face mask. You can even recycle the jars for your green smoothies… yum!
- Breaky is the most important meal of the day: Breakfast is usually cheap, easy and delicious. But most importantly it’ll save you from snacking throughout the morning or buying an expensive lunch.
- Vacay the cheap way: find an exotic location (within 4 hours of flight) where your currency has the advantage and look out for cheap flight deals. In our case Bali, Indonesia, is always a good idea: Cheap sale flights for $100 return, $150 for accommodation (3 nights/long weekend) and say $250 on massages, food and drinks and you’ve got yourself a luxurious holiday for $500. I’ve spent more on a night out in Perth.
- Shop Swiftly: Don’t give yourself time to slowly stroll through each isle, you’ll end up with lollies, dried fruit, nice smelling candles and other money wasting things you didn’t intend to buy. If you give yourself a time limit to be out of the grocery store, you will take only the essentials and what is needed.
- Frozen: You may not feel like having leftovers 3 days in a row but after a busy day at work and all that’s in your pantry is a can of tuna and vita-weat, you’ll be grateful for last week’s lasagna. Frozen fruit is perfect for smoothies and wax candles burn longer when they have been frozen.
- Google – The virtual sales assistant: Most online stores have some kind of discount or incentive at any given time. So before you make a purchase google the store for any discount codes. I’ve received 50% off my total purchase, scored free shipping and often had cute gift added just because I googled the promo code of the store I was willing to pay full price at.
- Hell No H2O!!: Now we want a champagne lifestyle, so go ahead, buy the expensive shampoo. The trick here is to wash your hair less, within reason of course – we don’t want you being the smelly kid at work. Dry shampoo is a cheap and brilliant way to keep your hair look fabulous in between washes.
The moral here is that it doesn’t take a lot of money to be fabulous, so change your attitude and work with what you’ve got!